SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eric Murray
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure he has been on these boards since almost at the get go. Was there when I started anyway. When we had that crazy "Ratings" game he was deff playing that one every day and "The Song Association" thread was another of his favorites . That Guy Ally Dodd knows him quite well I think .Yeah so many sudden deaths past few years its almost the new normal. Live every day like its your last is the way to go RIP Eric. same name as my sisters new puppy.
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So shocked to hear of passing of Eric RIP
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid the trail has gone cold from my end. Will obviously update if anything materialises
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric was a great man, a great fan.

Hurting at this evidently sudden passing, happiness was to see him so recently looking trim and happy and enthusiastic having finally benefited from the luxury of overdue retirement time to be able to embark on social media posting.

Much earlier, so privileged I felt to be among his company at Sparks gigs and fan tributes during the twenty tens. Choosy about music, he championed Sparks and other artists, and was well connected, being trusted, respected.

“Irreplaceable” the man was, having rose to the top of his manufacturing company, no doubt through attributes obvious to all who encountered him. Essentialness at company meetings was a stressful pressure and also for trips to customers far and wide, and thus this impinged upon the freedom to follow Sparks on the cusp of comeback and potential success. Notwithstanding when abroad while Sparks were playing within 100km he’d seize the opportunity to attend a concert. Dedication to Sparks was indeed unparalleled, unselfish, sacrificial. During Sparks barest years, he would knock off to motor all the way down to places like Leicester to be part of an audience for a show, stay sober throughout, then drive back overnight to attend a morning team meeting in Fife. Asked about his career, he'd humbly say he'd still be down the local pit if it weren’t for the demise of the mines in the 80s.

If you offered a wee favour, he’d repay manifold in discreet kindness such was the reach of Eric’s stature. Through work pressures, he had to count every minute of leisure, and was resolute in spending sacred moments with fellow longstanding fans rather than those flirting with the hottest ticket in town.

As a fellow Scot, I’ve been asked by the nicest of fans whether I know of funeral arrangements. I don’t know those closest to him and not sourced any online information to date. Respects I’d like to give as would everyone.
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Tribute Ally
Kermit!
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sad to see this news. RIP Eric & condolences to his family & friends. I don't do FB either but he'd be well proud knowing that he had his own thread on the Sparks forum along with all the wonderful remarks from his fellow Sparks fans community.

The Future! The Future!
Spyke
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really touching and warm tribute, Ally. Thanks.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://gofund.me/5b7635d1

As posted on the other thread, this is the charity GoFundMe page set up in honour of Eric, the donations are in aid of MS in memory of Eric and his late mum as this charity was close to his heart.
felixandrea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Robertson wrote:
https://gofund.me/5b7635d1rice purity test meaning

As posted on the other thread, this is the charity GoFundMe page set up in honour of Eric, the donations are in aid of MS in memory of Eric and his late mum as this charity was close to his heart.

So sad to hear of Eric's passing. He will always be remembered as a great fan and a true friend. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Eric.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: