SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re-release No.1 in Heaven/Is There More To Life Than Dancing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy M
Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the bundle yesterday - very pleased with it, especially the Noël LP & CD. The guide vocal tracks on the latter are illuminating, and I'm very glad to see that Lil' Beethoven have corrected the spelling of Noël. I'm a little bewildered by the instrumental version of DID, as it has vocals(!).

By the by, a belated thanks to Steve for the link to the interview with Noël, which was excellent.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie wrote:
Henry McHenry wrote:
Sparks are great
but the Noel Album was
trash for me in 1979
and it‘ s still now

I agree with you, I just don't get what all the fuss is about. If Ron and Russell had nothing to do with the Album would it still be good

On the other hand if it was, for example, a Moroder produced album or a well known singer (Donna Summer seems too obvious a suggestion) would it have gotten a more enthusiastic response or commercial success at the time? Sparks fans seem to want a “Sparks album” and 45 years ago it wasn’t cool to like Sparks or anything Sparks related…except for the Sparks fans at the time. I loved this album then, love it more now! But each to their own, I wonder what the thoughts of those who don’t like would be if this had actually been a follow Sparks album to No. 1 In Heaven??
Toughest Girl In Town
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Robertson wrote:
I wonder what the thoughts of those who don’t like would be if this had actually been a follow Sparks album to No. 1 In Heaven??

Well, the one that actually followed (Terminal Jive) is not their most popular album among Sparks fans...

I'm one of those who didn't enjoy listening to Noël's album, but mostly because I'm not really into female singing voices, always preferred male voices (especially high-pitched ones, go figure...)
Don't get me wrong, Noël's voice is very good, but the same record sung by Russell would've sounded much better to me.
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if it also had been picked up by the "Disco world" and had been a mega hit. What would of happened . R&R would suddenly of been in high demand in that sphere as writers and producers maybe. I think it was a toe in the water experiment on the back of No1 . Would it of been a hit with Sparks fans if it had been performed by "Sparks" with slightly diff lyrics . hard to say but it would deff of stirred up more reaction.
Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to admit - after several listens - I do skip a number of tracks
Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45th Anniversary Bundle arrived today - everything in package as listed
baldski
Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy M wrote:
Received the bundle yesterday - very pleased with it, especially the Noël LP & CD. The guide vocal tracks on the latter are illuminating, and I'm very glad to see that Lil' Beethoven have corrected the spelling of Noël. I'm a little bewildered by the instrumental version of DID, as it has vocals(!).

By the by, a belated thanks to Steve for the link to the interview with Noël, which was excellent.

Andy, as far as I can tell the vocals on the instrumental version of Dancing Is Dangerous are just the backing vocals. I'm guessing this was created so that Noël could perfom the lead vocals live, over the top of this version, for the promotional tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Music Only All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: